Amateur Radio Wiki:Forum
This is the new Amateur radio wiki forum! It's designed to be integrated within the wiki so that you can easily link to articles.
Please keep the conversation on specific topics within those pages discussion pages, by clicking on the discussion tab. For example, if you want to have a discussion about the Propagation page, you need to consult the Talk:Propagation page. (Similarly, if you want to discuss the Forum itself, use the Project_talk:Forum page :).
The old forum is still online on http://amateur-radio-wiki.net/forum.
Wiki extension request
Would it be possible to get a couple of extensions installed, to provide a little more functionality? I'd like to create some information boxes to describe some software radio applications, but this isn't easily doable without ParserFunctions providing basic logic (if then else, etc.) Also, I notice there are a lot of spammy accounts in Special:ListUsers. You may want to run maintenance/removeUnusedAccounts.php from the MediaWiki installation directory to clear them all out. -- Malvineous 19:08, 27 April 2012 (PDT)
- One other thing. Would it be possible to add me to the administrator group? I'd like to be able to edit pages like MediaWiki:Common.css (again for infobox formatting and setting other styles.) If not that's fine, but could I then send you some code to add there? Thanks! -- Malvineous 19:37, 27 April 2012 (PDT)
With the recent surge in interest about software radio (thanks to the cheap receivers) I'm just wondering whether this wiki would be a suitable place for SDR-related information? A lot of it would seem to be unrelated to amateur radio (like what programs to use to decode transmissions, and reception on non-ham bands) so I'm just wondering whether you would welcome this sort of information or not? -- Malvineous 22:41, 24 April 2012 (PDT)
- Definitely. SDR is very applicable to amateur radio and even if some of the software is generic, that certainly doesn't mean its not useful information to the amateur community. We have lots of generic information (eg, morse code is used more widely than just ham radio). Hardaker 06:51, 25 April 2012 (PDT)
- Sounds great! In that case, I'll start making some 'bold' edits in the coming days :-) -- Malvineous 17:03, 26 April 2012 (PDT)
- Fantastic! Hopefully I'll learn something at least. I keep meaning to go dabble with SDR, but haven't had the time yet. Hardaker 07:17, 27 April 2012 (PDT)
I hope I'm doing good here!
I have spent a good few hours trying to improve the structure of this wiki. I have been very bold, but I felt the wiki needed some help, and I just couldn't stop. :) I hope I will not have create trouble for anyone! -- TheAnarcat 12:04, 3 October 2010 (CDT)
your topic here!
You can add your own topics here, of course!
- And replies can be indented by adding a colon at the beginning of the line... You can sign your comment with 4 tildes (~).